We will continue the option of online ordering with curbside pickup for our fruit during the 2021 season. However, at this time we plan to only offer one day each week for this option. The first day for online ordering will be Tuesday, June 15 starting at 3 pm with pickup the following day from 4:30-6 pm. We will continue to offer online ordering starting at 3 pm on Tuesdays with pick up from 4:30-6 pm on Wednesdays throughout the strawberry season. We anticipate strawberries to go through the month of June.
If you are interested in picking your own fruit, we will be offering that for strawberries on Sundays from 9 am – 4 pm. Or if you’d like them already picked, we will have strawberries available at the Rochester Farmers Market on Saturdays in mid June through early July. The market is held at the Olmsted County Fairgrounds from 7:30 am – 12 noon each Saturday from May through October.
- All orders must be placed and paid for online through our online shop. If for some reason customers do not have access to the internet and/or a credit card for payment, we ask they call us at 507-252-1309 and we will work with them over the phone.
- Each Tuesday at 3 pm we will post the strawberries available for pickup the next day. Once you log on to our website, click on the “shop” link at the top right corner of our homepage, followed by the “fresh produce” link. From here you will be able to choose the the amount you wish to order. Simply follow the prompts on the screen to finish your order. For ease of packaging and pickup, we will only offer strawberries as quarts, five pound flats or 10 pound flats.
- When paying, you do NOT need to have or create a PayPal account in order to place your order and pay online. Simply click on the the yellow PayPal link, and a box will pop up offering you the option to either log in (if you already have an account) or to use debit/credit card to pay.
- If for any reason you are having difficulties with the online ordering process, please give us a call at 507-252-1309 and we will walk you through the process. If we do not answer, we may be on the line with another customer, so please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
- Orders must be placed by 8 am on Wednesday for pick up that same day.
- We only have so many berries that are ripe at any given time. It is very likely that we will sell out of available berries before the ordering window (3 pm Tuesday- 8 am Wednesday) closes. If there are no berries listed as available and it is later in this ordering window, it is highly likely that this is the case. If berries are sold out you will see an “out of stock” phrase under the product listing.
Important information/policies to note:
**Prepicked berries are available on a first come, first serve basis. If you are not seeing the quantity you wish to order online, please give us a call. It is possible they are all sold out, but you are always welcome to call and confirm.
2020 Online Strawberry pricing
- $6.25 per quart
- $23 for 5 pounds
- $40 for 10 pounds
**If a customer does not have access to the internet, he/she can contact us via phone (507-252-1309) and we can work with them to get them berries.
**Once the ordering window is closed, all customers will receive a confirmation email, confirming their order, as well as pickup directions and times.
**Customers MUST pick up their orders during the specified times for pick up. Customers who do not show up during the specified pick up time, and do not contact us to let us know of their extenuating circumstances, will be given a two hour grace period after the pickup time has ended. After that time, customer forfeits their strawberries. No refunds will be given for orders that do not follow this procedure.
**If a customer cannot pick up their order personally, he/she can send a friend or family member to pick up the order in their place.
**When arriving to pick up your order, we ask all customers to stay in their cars. We will come to you and give you directions as to where we’d like you to park, etc. Customers are not allowed to exit their cars and walk around the farm.
**Customers are welcome to order additional Firefly Berries products, such as jam, juice, honey, yarn, etc. in our online shop and pick up at the same time as the berries.
**If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us via phone (507-252-1309), email, or through our Facebook page. We are happy to help you through these new changes. We thank you for your patience and patronage during this uncertain and ever-changing time!